The Trust are delighted to announce the long awaited inaugural student exchange visits beginning with Students and Teachers from the St Peter Port twinned town of Masnieres visiting Guernsey during the week of 24th April 2023.
During their visit to Guernsey, Students will join their Guernsey student counter parts and be hosted by their local families. The visit will include, amongst other things Guernsey's rich history especially with links to France and Masnieres, which includes:
- Castle Cornet & the RGLI Musuem - The Naval HQ Bunker & the German Occupation
- Hautville House, the home of Victor Hugo
- Government House and the island's relationship with France & the Crown
- A Walking History of St Peter Port
- An Island Tour including a private visit to the maritime history museum at Fort Grey
- A visit to Herm Island with a tour by previous island resident Simon Wood
Students will also meet members of the RGLI Memorial Ride, the yearly pilgrimage that visits their town to remember the men Guernsey lost in December 1917
The years trip will be reciprocated with student from Blanchelande College visiting Masnieres during week commencing 6th June 2023, led by the Head of Sixth Form, Sarah Moores.
The RGLI Trust would like to sincerely thank the following for their assistance during the students stay in Guernsey: - The Rotary Club of Guernsey - Guernsey Museum Service
- Art for Guernsey
- Les Douvres Hotel
- Armstrong Resilience
- Members of the RGLI Memorial Ride
and Odile Blanchette, Marco Ciotti, Anette Henry and Simon Wood for their individual contributions.